Monday, November 14, 2011

Running a 5k

I like running so a couple of weeks ago I decided to run a 5k on Thanksgiving. A 5k is only 3.1 miles which makes it a good run for beginners like me. I knew since I have never run before that I would have to train. So every day I run and do wieghts. I have been trying to eat healthier and drink lots of water. The event is put on by the YMCA and all the money goes to charity. So you can have fun and help out the community at the same time. I'll post an update of how it went after the race. http://ppymca.org/turkeytrot  

2 comments:

  1. Good job running. I just saw your sisters post on your run. I used to run cross country in highschool and loved it. We would race 3.1 miles. What a beautiful part of the country you get to run in. Next you should do a 10k. If you can do a 5k you can train for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was this Turkey Trot in TX? I live in TX (around Dallas) and some friends of my family (the Cronins) run in the TX Turkey Trot nearly every year.

    ~Johanna

    ReplyDelete